If you're not sure what to do to promote your blog This article is ideal for you. There are a lot of bloggers particularly in our field however, many struggle to gain visitors and comments. There are three main reasons why this is the case:
- They didn't follow the steps necessary to establish their blog properly, and they did not have an initial Blog Promotion Strategy
- They don't have an ongoing blog Promotion Strategy
- They don't blog regularly.
- Create an ping list: A Ping list is a list of websites that are listening for new content to be added to the internet. The first step is to create your ping list using your list of the ping services WordPress offers. There is a great list of ping services at wordpress.org. After you have copied the list, you can paste it into the Writing Section of your WordPress blog's settings. In your dashboard, go to Settings>Writing, then paste the list into the box labeled 'Update Services Then click 'Save. Every time you publish your blog's latest post all of these services will be informed and you'll begin to see the traffic coming towards your site.
- Set up Feedburner: Feedburner offers a method for users to sign up to new blog posts. It is important for people who like your blog content to return to your site, and Feedburner provides them with a means to sign up to your blog and receive notifications when you post new material. This will bring you more visitors than the time it takes for them to keep track of your blog on their own. To get started with Feedburner simply visit feedburner.com and create an account. You'll need to provide the URL of your feed , which typically will just be yourdomain.com/feed. There are various configuration options you can play around with, however when you submit your feed to feedburner, you're all ready for your subscribers to sign up to your latest content.
- Install a quality SEO plugin: There are several free and paid plugins that will help you make sure that every blog post you write is characterized by certain characteristics that will make it more attractive for search engine spiders. I'm in the process of installing WordPress SEO powered by Yoast it is a no-cost plugin. Another option that is worth considering can be SEO Pressor, which is an option that costs money but provides greater functionality and automation. These plugins will help you make sure your SEO on the web is working properly.
- Send your Blog and RSS feed to directories: The reason you should submit the RSS feed and blog to directories are similar to keeping a ping list. The RSS feed and URL to inform different directories that your blog is up and running, and to keep them informed of the latest content. These directories are visited by those that are looking for the kind of content you have to provide. The most important aspect of this procedure is to ensure that you submit your content to the correct category to align your content to the audience you intend to reach. A quick search on Google will reveal a wealth of RSS and blog directories that allow you to submit your website as well as your feed. There are both free and paid choices. Certain sites require reciprocal links. There are services that can submit your site's information to directories on your behalf, which could be worth it depending on your budget.
- Sign up to create social Bookmarking accounts:Social Bookmarking can be compared to the bookmarking that you use within your web browser, however, you are able to do it publically on a web page. The pages you bookmark public to people who have the same interests on the site. This means that people who share your interests will be informed of new blog posts when you bookmark them. This can bring visitors to your website since they are interested in the same things as you and are likely to be interested in the content you're reading or saving. One suggestion for social bookmarking is to make sure you don't only bookmark your own publications in order to not appear self-serving. Be authentic in the content that you save. It is also important to bookmark articles from many sources and not only your own. It is also essential to connect with other users on social networks, to ensure that your community grows and you receive more visitors. The most well-known social bookmarking websites are reddit, digg, stumbleupon and delicious. Diigo, and hubpages. These sites are slowly becoming obsolete by Facebook and Twitter as the most popular sharing websites, but they remain useful in generating visitors.